Hello From Durham

An open forum where all registered users can post on meteorite related topics. No advertisements are permitted in this forum. For access to the secure BIMS members forum please follow the "Join BIMS" link from the main website.

Hello From Durham

Postby Keith Johnson » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:28 am

Dear BIMS members, my name is called Keith Johnson, residing in Durham,Northeast England, UK and being an amature astronomer I was both fascinated and proud to discover that my brother-in-law had written and published a book entiltled "The Authenticated Meteoric Falls Of the British Isles" by James Robinson.
Members of BIMS who live in the Northeast of England may be interested to know that Durham astronomical society are holding a their final meeting of the season on Friday 17th June at Redwood Lodge, School Lane off Church Street, Durham, 7.30pm. Victoria Pearson a lecturer with the Open University will give a talk on meteorites and hopefully have some samples with her.
I will also be bringing the BIMS website to our members attention, members of BIMS are welcome to come to the D.A.S.meeting ,further details of the Durham astronomical society address and location can be found here:
http://www.durhamastronomy.org/

Best Regards to you all,
Mr Keith Johnson.
P.S. My sincere apologies for the late notification regarding the DAS meeing.
Keith Johnson

Re: Hello From Durham

Postby MeteoritesEire » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Hello Keith
I look forward to hearing about the meeting.Welcome aboard
Jim
MeteoritesEire

Re: Hello From Durham

Postby msg-meteorites » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Hi Keith,

If not for the late notice I would have possibly come to the lecture. I went to university in Sunderland and have friends up in Durham. The national police forensic training college is also in Durham and I am up there a few times a year. Welcome to BIMS by the way.

Cheers

Martin
Martin Goff
www.msg-meteorites.co.uk
IMCA member 3387
msg-meteorites

Return to BIMS Open Forum