Riker Boxes and Gem Jars

An open forum where all registered users can post on meteorite related topics. No advertisements are permitted in this forum. For access to the secure BIMS members forum please follow the "Join BIMS" link from the main website.

Riker Boxes and Gem Jars

Postby djmcsc » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:33 am

Hi all,
I'm only a recent collector (<6 months) so slowly but surely building a collection although small pieces. So I'm looking to source some Riker Boxes (3 at the moment) of size 4.5 x 5.5 x 3/4 inch. Searching online and I can only see USA suppliers but postage to Ireland is more than the items cost so quite expensive. Does anyone know of any sources in the UK or Ireland? Also if anyone knows where to get Gem Jars as I can only see two sources on eBay/Amazon?

I've a few pieces that would be better/safer in these jars plus as an added benefit I've a few small fossils (stored away somewhere) that I could now take out and display them in the jars reducing the risk of damage.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
Stephen
djmcsc

Re: Riker Boxes and Gem Jars

Postby djmcsc » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:08 pm

I've family visiting relatives in the USA this week so took a chance and actually found a supplier that could deliver some Riker style boxes to their location before they returned home. (Delivered within 2 days of the order been paid for) On the Gem Jars, I found a different supplier in the states as well today that can actually post a small shipment to me for just 61c. All in all I'm sorted on this one now. Thanks, Stephen.
djmcsc

Return to BIMS Open Forum