New Barwell Fragments on Display?

An open forum where all registered users can post on meteorite related topics. No advertisements are permitted in this forum. For access to the secure BIMS members forum please follow the "Join BIMS" link from the main website.

New Barwell Fragments on Display?

Postby David Entwistle » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:34 pm

The Nuneaton News is reporting:

METEORITE pieces which landed in the region 50 years ago will be on show for the very first time.

They will take pride of place at Hinckley and District Museum as it begins its 2015 season from tomorrow, Easter Monday.

The heritage venue, located in Lower Bond Street, will throw open its doors for the first time this year from 10am onwards.

There's also a very brief mention on the Hinckley and District Museum web site, things to see page.

Displays on Hinckley past and present, local people who fought at the Battle of Waterloo (1815), the 200th anniversary of John Nichols` history of Leicestershire and his Hinckley connections, and the Barwell Meteorite.

Anyone able to pop along and report back?

Hinckley & District Museum
    Framework Knitters` Cottages
    Lower Bond Street
    Hinckley
    Leicestershire
    LE10 1QU
David Entwistle

Re: New Barwell Fragments on Display?

Postby Barwellian » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up on this Dave...I know the museum as I have exhibited across the road from it and had a look around in the past before it was closed for refurb...wonderful new thatched roof now....it is just a few miles from Barwell, but had no idea they had any Barwell meteorite...can't see any mention of it on their website. Did just find this though...

http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Chance-c ... story.html

So will try and get along tomorrow...an Easter treat for sure....just 20 minutes from me.

Graham
Barwellian

Return to BIMS Open Forum