Wolfe Creek Expedition

An open forum where all registered users can post on meteorite related topics. No advertisements are permitted in this forum. For access to the secure BIMS members forum please follow the "Join BIMS" link from the main website.

Wolfe Creek Expedition

Postby David Entwistle » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:25 am

If you haven't already read it, then you may enjoy the blog of Curtin University's Luke, Martin and Jarryd's trip to Wolfe Creek.

Luke, Martin and Jarryd head off to Wolfe Creek meteorite crater in remote WA last week. The plan is to make a 3D image of the crater using a drone, map the crater, take some samples (to analyse for shock or melt glass and confirm the date of impact) and combine it all to make a virtual fieldwork laboratory so you can zoom around the crater looking at various rocks and features.

Day one's diary entry starts here.

There are some details of Wolfe Creek here. The location on Google Maps is here.
David Entwistle

Re: Wolfe Creek Expedition

Postby msg-meteorites » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:28 am

Now Wolfe Creek is somewhere that i would really love to visit! Maybe watch the film of the same name on a portable DVD player whilst there! ;-)

I will follow their progress with interest. Thanks for posting David :-)

Cheers

Martin
Martin Goff
www.msg-meteorites.co.uk
IMCA member 3387
msg-meteorites

Re: Wolfe Creek Expedition

Postby Barwellian » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:22 pm

Thanks for this Dave....had to abort my attempt on my last trip up the west coast of Oz...just ran out of time...will get there one day.

GHraham
Barwellian

Return to BIMS Open Forum