Meteorite Shows

An open forum where all registered users can post on meteorite related topics. No advertisements are permitted in this forum. For access to the secure BIMS members forum please follow the "Join BIMS" link from the main website.

Meteorite Shows

Postby Bryan Drummond » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:50 pm

I understand that there are often BIMS meteorite outreach shows which are held at various venues. Are these shows held regularly and is there a schedule available as to when and where they'll be? I know Graham mentioned there is going to be one on Wednesday near Nottingham and I was just wondering if there were any upcoming ones near Hertfordshire/London?
Bryan Drummond

Re: Meteorite Shows

Postby Barwellian » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:21 am

Hi Bryan....we have no other definite ones scheduled yet for this year...but hopefully we will sort that soon...and we always make sure the word gets out as soon as they are confirmed...also other related events by other organizations as they become know.

There's the biggest in the world on in a couple of weeks in Tucson Arizona as part of the Gem and mineral fair and then in June there is a brilliant one in Ensisheim, France which several of us are going to....but none yet that I know of close to you.

Graham
Barwellian

Re: Meteorite Shows

Postby Bryan Drummond » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Thanks Graham, I look forward to hearing more about them and I'll be sure to follow the Gem and Mineral Fair online!
Bryan Drummond

Return to BIMS Open Forum